Said another way, our survival as people rest in our doing WORK.
For example, after spending over $22 TRILLION on the war on poverty over the last 50 years, today there is more poverty, homelessness, people on food stamps, disability pay, unemployment, income and wealth inequality, etc. than when the war began. (see HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE)
How is this possible?
It is succinctly explained in this meme:
- Liberal elites want power.
- They obtain power by getting elected and by growing the government over which they rule.
- They entice votes and grow the government by invoking the Politics of Victimization, followed by the Politics of Compassion, and the Politics of Equality (i.e. class envy)
- Once the "problem" has been identified, liberal elites proffer the "trap" of Big Government as the preferred, if not the only acceptable solution--misleadingly asserting Strength in Numbers as well as Elitism and Specialization, while ignoring or downplaying the costs or the suitability of the co-called "solution."
- Voters are moved by the "cheese" of emotional appeal and handouts.
- Once the majority votes are obtained, the "traps" are implemented.
- The "traps" consist of transferring power from individual to elites (like what is explained in Micro-Aggression and the Culture of Victimhood), from self-sufficiency to public dependency, which has a tendency to rob the recipient of dignity and self-esteem (giving them the impression that they are inept and helpless) and denies them a sense of accomplishment and success (credit goes to the elites and their government), rendering them all the less dignified and more inept and helpless and dependent, as well as increasingly beholding to the elitist big government, if not also enable self-degrading doling and abuse of the system, and even provides financial disincentives to get off welfare. (see HERE)
- The elites leverage this increased dependency and obligation to emotionally stoke the flames of victimization and compassion, and justify enlarging the "trap"--increasing the size and cost of government, which in turn expands the power of the elites.
Around and around it co-dependently goes pretending to do good, but creating more harm (i.e Leftist LUNCs). The "solution" becomes a part of, if not THE "problem."
On poverty and dependency:
See also HERE